We are seeking a software engineer responsible for building educational technology and business applications for various target platforms. Your primary responsibilities will be to implement functionality translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into a functional and engaging software applications. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential.
- BS in Computer Science or similar field is preferred but not required. We look for strong fundamentals in computer science from work experience or an academic degree.
- Strong communication skills
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing software applications
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively work with teams of engineers, designers, analysts and managers
- Software development on assigned projects
- Collaboration with other engineers and project teams
- Responsible for technical decisions and direction for assigned projects
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Documentation of back end specifications for assigned projects
- Write tests when working on some products
- Participate in peer code reviews